Discover beautiful, playful, and self-structuring forms using Grasshopper and Kangaroo.
About This Workshop:
Expanding on the capabilities of the parametric tool, Grasshopper, Kangaroo provides creative professionals with the ability to integrate physics-based simulation techniques into their workflow. In applications ranging from architectural to product design, this workshop will cover advanced techniques for modeling adaptable components using dynamic constraints and forces in a performance-oriented environment.
In a fast-paced and hands-on learning environment, you will learn techniques for using Parametric Design, Physics-Based Simulation, and Component Detailing for Digital Fabrication. Through guided exercises, group discussions, and one-on-one prototyping sessions, you will design and construct a series of component assemblies.
- Focused learning with Grasshopper and Kangaroo
- Approaches to working with constraints, ranging from geometric to physical
- Techniques for detailing geometry for Digital Fabrication
- Hands-on experience with a large format CNC laser cutter
- Assemble and take home a collection of Prototypes